There is 99% impunity in disappearances in Mexico: Zero Impunity – Hermosillo Hoy


The organization Impunidad Cero revealed that there is 99.6% impunity in cases of disappearance and forced disappearance from 2019 to 2022

In Mexico have accumulated 35 thousand 669 people missingfrom 2019 to 2022 of which only 141 convictions have been obtained, which represents only 0.4 percent of the cases, revealed the civil organization Zero Impunity at a press conference during the presentation of his report “Impunity in the crime of disappearance in Mexico”.

They noted that from 2019 to 2022, the states of Aguascalientes, Chiapas, Mexico City, Guerrero, Oaxaca, Quintana Roo and Yucatán did not report any convictions. for the crimes of disappearance committed by individuals and forced disappearancewhich translates to 100 percent impunity.

On the other hand, they indicated that the entities with the most convictions are Guanajuato (28), the State of Mexico (20), Michoacán (11) and Nuevo León (9)are the states that recorded the most convictions between 2019 and 2022 for cases of missing persons.

They explained that the cases of disappearance in the country they constitute a humanitarian crisis that is increasing. They detailed that in 2022, the National Registry of Missing and Unlocated Persons (RNPDNO) registered a record number of 9,068 missing and unlocated people. 74% of these records correspond to men and the remaining 26 percent to women. In total there are 7 people missing for every 100 thousand inhabitants nationwide.

They also reported that based on responses to requests for information from security agencies, they managed to count 5,698 clandestine graves in Mexico from 2006 to April 2023. The states where the greatest number of graves were located are Veracruz (668), Tamaulipas (554), Guerrero (498), Sinaloa (484) and Chihuahua (415).

Finally, they pointed out that entities such as Baja California, Quintana Roo, Zacatecas, Morelos and Colimaare the ones with the greatest number of disappearances and murders Altogether, what should activate security politics to attend to the violence in these regions and their levels of impunity in these crimes.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*